Isn’t technology great? I am sitting in the bathtub, having a nice hot soak, my laptop on a stand next to the tub. I am writing this article for my blog and listening to a great comedian, Ron White. You might have seen him on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. He’s Southern, foul mouthed and chauvinistic, so I should hate him, but he is so funny. I just used the wireless internet connection to look at Ron White’s website – www.tatersalad.com. I love my laptop!
Okay, so I’ve been doing the low carb diet for a couple months, to no avail. I cut out bread, rice and potatoes. I eat tons of vegetables, chicken, vegetables, beef, cheese and more vegetables. I walk Bijou Grace, our dog, a couple times of day, but only on short walks. So I decided that we would walk one hour a day and lift weights, too. I’ve never gotten the appeal of walking for exercise. It just seems so… pedestrian. But attach a 20-lb high-powered 6-month-old puppy and that walk becomes 30 minutes of dog-training on speed. “Stay out of the road. Don’t eat that. Get away from that fence. Don’t stick your nose in that. No, that 200-lb Mastiff doesn’t want to play. Don’t eat that. Keep walking. Don’t harass the cat in the window. Don’t eat that.”
I don’t know if I feel any thinner yet, but I do feel shorter. Whenever I walk a long distance, like when on vacation or camping, I start feeling shorter. Is it possible that all that time spent vertical compresses the vertebrae I spend 12 hours a day in bed decompressing?
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
- Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or cold.
I was bidding on a tshirt on eBay for Michael’s birthday and someone SNIPED ME! I lost by FIFTY CENTS in the last MINUTE! I HATE SNIPERS! Why doesn’t eBay do what Yahoo auctions has done and freeze all bids one minute prior to the auction ending?